On 09/19/10 12:01 AM, Tom Bird wrote:
On 18/09/10 09:02, Ian Collins wrote:
On 09/18/10 06:47 PM, Carsten Aulbert wrote:

Has someone an idea how it is possible to resilver 678G of data on a 500G
drive?

I see this all the time on a troublesome Thumper. I believe this happens
because the data in the pool is continuously changing.

In my case, other than an hourly snapshot, the data is not significantly changing.

It'd be nice to see a response other than "you're doing it wrong", rebuilding 5x the data on a drive relative to its capacity is clearly erratic behaviour, I am curious as to what is actually happening.

The ridiculous pool design isn't helping!

--
Ian.