Hi, I'm asking for opinions here, any possible disaster happening or
performance issues related in setup described below.
Point being to create large pool and smaller pools within where you can monitor
easily iops and bandwidth usage without using dtrace or similar techniques.

1. Create pool

# zpool create testpool mirror c1t1d0 c1t2d0

2. Create volume inside a pool we just created

# zfs create -V 500g testpool/testvolume

3. Create pool from volume we just did

# zpool create anotherpool /dev/zvol/dsk/testpool/testvolume

After this, anotherpool can be monitored via zpool iostat nicely and
compression can be used in testpool to save resources without having
compression effect in anotherpool.

zpool export/import seems to work, although flag -d needs to be used, are there
any caveats in this setup? How writes are handled?
Is it safe to create pool consisting several ssd's and use volumes from it as
log-devices? Is it even supported?

Yours
Markus Kovero