>  On 23-9-2010 10:25, casper....@sun.com wrote:
>> I'm using ZFS on a system w/o ECC; it works (it's an Atom 230).
>
>I'm using ZFS on a non-ECC machine for years now without any issues.
>Never had errors. Plus, like others said, other OS'ses have the same
>problems and also run quite well. If not, you don't know it. With ZFS
>you will know.
>I would say - just go for it. You will never want to go back.

Indeed.  While I mirror stuff on the same system, I'm now also making
backups using a USB connected disk (eSATA would be better but the box
only has USB).

My backup consists of:

for pool in $pools
do

        zfs snapshot -r $p...@$newnapshot
        zfs send -R -I $p...@$lastsnapshot $p...@$newsnapshot |
                zfs receive -v -u -d -F portable/$pool
done

then I export and store the portable pool somewhere else.

I do run a once per two weeks scrub for all the pools, just in case.

Casper