>Additionally, even though zpool and zfs "get version" display the true and
>updated versions, I'm not convinced that the problem is zdb, as the label
>config is almost certainly set by the zpool and/or zfs commands.  Somewhere,
>something is not happening that is supposed to when initiating a zpool
>upgrade, but since I know virtually nothing of the internals of zfs, I do

The problem is likely in the boot block or in grub.

The development version did not update the boot block; newer versions of
beadm do fix boot blocks.

For now, I'd recommend you upgrade the boot block on all halves of a
bootable mirror before you upgrade the zpool version or the zfs version.
export/import won't help.

Casper