This must be resliver day :)

I just had a drive failure. The hot spare kicked in, and access to the pool
over NFS was effectively zero for about 45 minutes. Currently the pool is still
reslivering, but for some reason I can access the file system now.

Resliver speed has been beaten to death I know, but is there a way to avoid
this? For example, is more enterprisy hardware less susceptible to reslivers?
This box is used for development VMs, but there is no way I would consider this
for production with this kind of performance hit during a resliver.

My hardware:
Dell 2950
16G ram
16 disk SAS chassis
LSI 3801 (I think) SAS card (1068e chip)
Intel x25-e SLOG off of the internal PERC 5/i RAID controller
Seagate 750G disks (7200.11)

I am running Nexenta CE 3.0.3 (SunOS rawhide 5.11 NexentaOS_134f i86pc i386
i86pc Solaris)

  pool: data01
 state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices is currently being resilvered.  The pool will
        continue to function, possibly in a degraded state.
action: Wait for the resilver to complete.
 scan: resilver in progress since Wed Sep 29 14:03:52 2010
    1.12T scanned out of 5.00T at 311M/s, 3h37m to go
    82.0G resilvered, 22.42% done
config:

        NAME           STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        data01         DEGRADED     0     0     0
          raidz2-0     ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t8d0     ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t9d0     ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t10d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t11d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t12d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t13d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t14d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz2-1     DEGRADED     0     0     0
            c1t22d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t15d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t16d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t17d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t23d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
            spare-5    REMOVED      0     0     0
              c1t20d0  REMOVED      0     0     0
              c8t18d0  ONLINE       0     0     0  (resilvering)
            c1t21d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
        logs
          c0t1d0       ONLINE       0     0     0
        spares