> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Ray Van Dolson
>
> I have a pool with a single SLOG device rated at Y iops.
>
> If I add a second (non-mirrored) SLOG device also rated at Y iops will
> my zpool now theoretically be able to handle 2Y iops?  Or close to
> that?

Yes.

But we're specifically talking about sync mode writes.  Not async, and not
read.  And we're not comparing apples to oranges etc, not measuring an
actual number of IOPS, because of aggregation etc.  But I don't think that's
what you were asking.  I don't think you are trying to quantify the number
of IOPS.  I think you're trying to confirm the qualitative characteristic,
"If I have N slogs, I will write N times faster than a single slog."  And
that's a simple answer.

Yes.