>No. The basic principle of the zpool is dynamic striping across vdevs in order
>to ensure that all available spindles >are contributing to the workload. If
>you want/need more granular control over what data goes to which disk, then
>>you'll need to create multiple pools.

>Just create a new pool from the new SAN volume and you will segregate the IO.

That's my understanding and that's my problem.
You have an application filesystem from one LUN. (vxfs is expensive, ufs/svm is
not really able to handle online filesystem increase. Thus we plan to use zfs
for application filesystems.)
When it fills up you increase it by adding a new LUN.

You have to make sure that the added LUN is from different physical disks. Is
might be not obvious with todays large storages with thousands of LUNs.

If I can force concatenation, then I do not have to investigate, where are the
existing parts of the filesystems.