Am 20.10.10 15:11, schrieb Edward Ned Harvey:
From: Stephan Budach [mailto:stephan.bud...@jvm.de]

Although, I have to say that I do have exactly 3 files that are corrupt
in each snapshot until I finally deleted them and restored them from
their original source.

zfs send will abort when trying to send them, while scrub doesn't
notice this.
That cannot be consistently repeatable.  If anything will notice corrupt
data, scrub will too.  The only way you will find corrupt data with
something else and not with scrub is ... If the corrupt data didn't exist
during the scrub.

I will do some more scrubbing - it only takes a couple of hours and then scrub should at least show some of the errors. When I use zpool clear on that pool, why does zpool status still shows the errors that have been encountered? I'd figure that it would be a lot easier to track, if scrub finds "new" erorrs, if zpool status -v wouldn't show the "old" ones.

--
Stephan Budach
Jung von Matt/it-services GmbH

Tel: +49 40-4321-1353
Fax: +49 40-4321-1114
E-Mail: stephan.bud...@jvm.de
Internet: http://www.jvm.com

Geschäftsführer: Ulrich Pallas, Frank Wilhelm
AG HH HRB 98380