Am 25.10.10 21:06, schrieb Ian Collins:
On 10/26/10 01:38 AM, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Ian Collins

Sun hardware?  Then you get all your support from one vendor.
+1

Sun hardware costs more, but it's worth it, if you want to simply assume
your stuff will work. In my case, I'd say the sun hardware was approx 50%
to 2x higher cost than the equivalent dell setup.

I find that claim odd. When ever we bought kit down here in NZ, Sun has been the best on price. Maybe that's changed under the new order.

I am currently investigating on buying Sun/Oracle HW. If you take into account Oracle's license/support fees for non-Oracle HW, actually buying Solaris with Oracle HW may proof cheaper when calculated over three years.

We'll see.