On 11/ 2/10 08:33 AM, Mark Sandrock wrote:
Hello,

I'm working with someone who replaced a failed 1TB drive (50% utilized),
on an X4540 running OS build 134, and I think something must be wrong.

Last Tuesday afternoon, zpool status reported:

scrub: resilver in progress for 306h0m, 63.87% done, 173h7m to go

and a week being 168 hours, that put completion at sometime tomorrow night.

However, he just reported zpool status shows:

scrub: resilver in progress for 447h26m, 65.07% done, 240h10m to go

so it's looking more like 2011 now. That can't be right.

I'm hoping for a suggestion or two on this issue.

I'd search the archives, but they don't seem searchable. Or am I wrong about that?

How is the pool configured?

I look after a very busy x5400 with 500G drives configured as 8 drive raidz2 and these take about 100 hours to resilver. The workload on this box is probably worst case for resivering, it receives a steady stream of snapshots.

--
Ian.