Folks,

I'm trying to figure out whether we should give ZFS / mpxio a shot
on one of our research servers, or simply skip it (as we have
previously).

In Nov 2009 Cindy responded to a thread concerning ZFS device
issues, cfgadm, and mpxio:

 http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/zfs-discuss/2009-November/033496.html

I've got an x2270 with the Sun EZ-SAS HBA and external SATA JBODs
(not J4xxx).  The external disks simply provide bulk storage; lousy
performance is not a concern, reliability is.  For obscure reasons,
we're going to destroy / re-create those pools.

We originally skipped mpxio due to the cfgadm issues, even though
we'd have preferred to have the reliablity enhancements.  Those
issues seem to have re-appeared in various guises (e.g. bug
6948701, nominally fixed in s10u9).  Due to the need to
inter-operate (zfs send) with other s10u7 machines, I don't think
moving to update 9 is an option (yet), nor is OSOL or SXCE.

Bottom line:

Do ZFS / mpxio / cfgadm issues still make mpxio an iffy proposition
as a reliability enhancement?

Is there a patch set that addresses ZFS / cfgadm / mpxio issues for
s10u7?

TIA.

Bryan

--