On 12/10/10 12:31 PM, Moazam Raja wrote:
Hi all, from much of the documentation I've seen, the advice is to set
readonly=on on volumes on the receiving side during send/receive
operations. Is this still a requirement?

I've been trying the send/receive while NOT setting the receiver to
readonly and haven't seen any problems even though we're traversing
and ls'ing the dirs within the receiving volume during the send/recv.

So, is it OK to send/recv while having the receive volume write enabled?

That depends how you define OK!

A ZFS receive will fail (cleanly) if you don't use -F and if you change data on the receive side.

A write can fail if a filesystem is unmounted for update.

--
Ian.