On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Chris Mosetick <cmoset...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have found this post from Mike La Spina to be very detailed covering this
> topic, yet I could not seem to get it to work right on my first hasty
> attempt a while back.  Let me know if you have success, or adjustments that
> get this to work.
>

> http://blog.laspina.ca/ubiquitous/securing-comstar-and-vmware-iscsi-connections
>
> -Chris
>

> On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 12:47 AM, Martin Mundschenk <
> m.mundsch...@mundschenk.de> wrote:

Looking at that, the one comment I'd make is that I'd strongly suggest
avoiding CHAP.  It really provides nothing in the way of security, and
simply adds more complexity.  If you're doing iSCSI across a WAN (I really
hope you aren't), you'd be better served using a VPN.  If you're doing it on
a LAN and you're concerned about security, use VLAN's.  It's generally a
good idea to dedicate a VLAN to vmware storage traffic anyways (whether it
be iSCSI or NFS) if your infrastructure can handle VLAN's.

--Tim