If I remember correctly Solaris like most other operating system does not save
or restore the floating point registers when context switching from User to
Kernel so doing any floating point ops in the kernel would corrupt user
floating point state. This means ZFS cannot be doing any floating point ops in
the kernel context.

Others wiser than I may be able to asert this with more certainty

-Angelo