Whenever I do a root pool, ie, configure a pool using the c?t?d?s0 notation, it
will always complain about overlapping slices, since *s2 is the entire disk.
This warning seems excessive, but "-f" will ignore it.

As for ZIL, the first time I created a slice for it. This worked well, the
second time I did:

# zfs create -V 2G rpool/slog
# zfs set refreservation=2G rpool/slog

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        rpool       ONLINE       0     0     0
          c9d0s0    ONLINE       0     0     0

  pool: zpool
 state: ONLINE
config:

        NAME                        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        zpool                       ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1-0                  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c8t0d0                  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c8t1d0                  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c8t2d0                  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c8t3d0                  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c8t4d0                  ONLINE       0     0     0
        logs
          /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/slog  ONLINE       0     0     0

Which I prefer now, as I can potentially change it size and reboot, compared to
slices that are much more static. Don't know how it compares performance wise,
but right now the NAS is fast enough (the nic is the slowest part).