How do you verify that a zfs send binary object is valid?

I tried running a truncated file through zstreamdump and it completed
with no error messages and an exit() status of 0. However, I noticed it
was missing a final print statement with a checksum value,
END checksum = ...

Is there any normal circumstance under which this END checksum statement
will be missing?

More usefully is there an option to zstreamdump, or a similar program, to
validate
validate an internal checksum value stored in a zfs send binary object?

Or is the only way to do this with zfs receive?

Thanks.