Hello Eric,

Thanks for your response. I have another question. This time regarding zfs
send. I have updated the subject line to include "zfs send" question in this
thread.

If the pool tank has 5000 descendent file systems and the snapshots are
being taken using "zfs snapshot -r". Now I will be sending and receiving
incremental snapshot to a second system using the following command.

"zfs send -R -i <prev snapshot> <latest snapshot> | ssh <second_sysname> zfs
recv -vFd tank"

My question is:

Is "zfs send -R " sends snapshot all at once OR  does it send all the
descendent snapshots serially(one after another) ?

I am asking this because, if it sends serially, send/recv will take long
time to finish based on the number of snapshots need to be send and this
duration will gradually increase if number of snapshots also keep
increasing. Is my assumption correct?

Thanks,

-- Rahul