> One characteristic people often overlook is: When you get a disk with
> higher capacity (say, 2T versus 600G) then you get more empty space
> and hence typically lower fragmentation in the drive. Also, the
> platter density is typically higher, so if the two drives have equal
> RPM's, typically the higher capacity drive can perform faster
> sustained sequential operations.

10k and 15k drives aren't "true" 3,5", but closer to 2,5", even though the
casing is the standard 3,5" size (open one if you doubt this). Usually, these
drives have similar density as their respective 7k2 drives, and thus higher
speed because of the spin rate.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--