Hi!

We have some trouble with CIFS. Two servers (n20 and n30), both configured the
same way and running Solaris 11 Express snv_151a. From time to time CIFS
service on n20 locks up, becomes unresponsive and impossible to restart, even
"kill -9 <pid_of_smbd>" can't kill it. Only system reboot helps to solve the
problem.

Servers had deduplication turned on ZFS datasets for some time and on n20 it
was only recently turned off and still contains deduped data. Servers
periodically create and rotate ZFS snapshots on shared filesystems. We cant get
any definite evidence on what is causing the trouble. Can somebody advise on
how to debug this? We can provide more information if necessary or even
organize remote access if there is interest in it.

Thanks!