On Wed, Feb 23 at 13:29, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Mauricio Tavares wrote:
Perhaps a bit off-topic (I asked on the rescue list -- http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/OaDWVGdLhxWVWIEabz4F -- and was told to try here), but I am kinda shooting in the dark: I have been finding online scattered and vague info stating that this card can be made to work with a sparc solaris 10 box (http://old.nabble.com/eSATA-or-firewire-in-Solaris-Sparc-system-td27150246.html is the only link I can offer right now). Can anyone confirm or deny that?

3112/3114 was a very early (possibly the first?) SATA chipset, I think aimed for use before SATA drivers had been developed. I would suggest looking for something more modern.

Not only that, the 3112 would do non-sector-aligned FIS transfers for
writes > 15 sectors, which caused all sorts of trouble for the
firmware developers at the disk companies, resulting in numerous
reports of compatibility and performance problems with 3112/3114
hardware.

I +1 the suggestion to find something more modern if at all possible.

--eric

--
Eric D. Mudama
edmud...@bounceswoosh.org