sigbj...@nixtra.com said:
> I've played around with turning on and off mpxio on the mpt_sas driver,
> disabling increased the performance from 30MB / sec, but it's still far from
> the original performance. I've attached some dumps of zpool iostat before and
> after reinstallation.

I find "zpool iostat" is less useful in telling what the drives are
doing than "iostat -xn 1".  In particular, the latter will give you an
idea of how many operations are queued per drive, and how long it's taking
the drives to handle those operations, etc.

On our Solaris-10 systems (U8 and U9), if mpxio is enabled, you really
want to set loadbalance=none.  The default (round-robin) makes some of
our JBOD's (Dell MD1200) go really slow for writes.  I see you have tried
with mpxio disabled, so your issue may be different.

You don't say what you're doing to generate your test workload, but there
are some workloads which will speed up a lot if the ZIL is disabled.  Maybe
that or some other /etc/system tweaks were in place on the original system.
Also use "format -e" and its "write_cache" commands to see if the drives'
write caches are enabled or not.

Regards,

Marion