> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Tim Cook
>
> The response was that Sun makes sure all drives
> are exactly the same size (although I do recall someone on this forum
having
> this issue with Sun OEM disks as well).

That was me.  Sun branded Intel SSD being reported 0.01Gb smaller.  But
after bashing my brains out for a few days, we discovered there was some
operation I could perform on the HBA which solved the problem.  I forget
exactly what it was - something like a factory installed disk label or
something, which I overwrote in order to gain that 0.01G on the new drive.

For this reason, I have made a habit of slicing drives, and leaving the last
1G unused.  It's kind of a hassle, but as Cindy mentions, the problem should
be solved in current releases.