On 03/24/11 07:28 AM, David Magda wrote:
On Wed, March 23, 2011 13:31, Linder, Doug wrote:
Toby Thain wrote:
Linder, Doug wrote:
[Minor] From: v...@hostname.ourdomain.com
<mailto:v...@hostname.ourdomain.com>  "/directoryname"  Time: 3/23/2011
3:02:25 AM
[ 81:84 ]     /directoryname
       Cannot read ACLs: ([89] Operation not applicable).
Wouldn't this firstly be a question for the vendor of Vormetric?
Yes, and we've asked.  Alas, they haven't been able to help so far.  For
all we know it might be a bug in Data Protector, too.  But we do know for
sure that it works with UFS but not ZFS.
For the second, it may be that the software is calling acl(2) or
acl_get(3SEC) and it doesn't support the new NFSv4-style structures that
are coming back.

Error 89 (ENOSYS) is returned by (f)acl_get if the file system does not support ACLs. Again, truss or dtrace should show which function is being called and the fie.

--
Ian.