On Tue, March 29, 2011 07:39, Richard Elling wrote:
> On Mar 29, 2011, at 3:10 AM, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <r...@karlsbakk.net>
> wrote:

Name three :-).  I don't happen to have run into any that I can remember.

And in any case, that doesn't actually help my situation, where I'm
running both processes on the same box (the receive is talking to an
external USB disk that I disconnect and take off-site after the receive is
complete).  A system crash (or power shutdown, or whatever) during this
process seems to make the receiving pool unimportable.  Possibly I could
use recovery tricks to step back a TXG or two until I get something valid,
and then manually remove the snapshots added to get back to the initial
state, and then I could start the incremental again; in practice, I
haven't made that work, and just do another full send to start over (7
hours, not too bad really).

Anyway, the incremental send/receive seems to be the fragile point in my
backup scheme as well.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, d...@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info