On 04/11/11 04:01 PM, Matt Harrison wrote:
I'm running a slightly old version of OSOL, I'm sorry I can't remember the version.

I had a de-dup dataset and tried to destroy it. The command hung and so did anything else zfs related. I waited half and hour or so, the dataset was only 15G, and rebooted.

The machine refused to boot, stuck at Reading ZFS Config. Asking around on the OSOL list someone kindly suggested I try a livecd and import, scrub, export the pool from there.

Well the livecd is also hanging on import, anything else zfs hangs. iostat shows some reads but they drop off to almost nothing after 2 mins or so. Truss'ing the import process just loops this over and over:

3134/6:    lwp_park(0xFDE02F38, 0)    (sleeping...)
3134/6:    lwp_park(0xFDE02F38, 0)     Err#62 ETIME

I wouldn't mind waiting for the pool to right itself, but to my inexperienced eyes it doesn't actually seem to be doing anything.

Any tips greatly appreciated,

Hello again,

Two suggestions spring to main:

Try to import read only.

Try a recovery import, zpool import -Fn should tell you if the pool can be imported. It may take a while!

--
Ian.