Ian Collins <i...@ianshome.com> wrote:

> >> *ufsrestore works fine on ZFS filesystems (although I haven't tried it
> >> with any POSIX ACLs on the original ufs filesystem, which would probably
> >> simply get lost).
> > star -copy -no-fsync .... is typically 30% faster that ufsdump | ufsrestore.
> >
> Does it preserve ACLs?

Star supports ACLs from the withdrawn POSIX draft.

Star could already support ZFS ACLs in case that Sun had offered a correctly
working ACL support library when they introdiced ZFS ACLs. Unfortunately it
took some time until this lib was fixed and since then, I had other projects
that took my time. ZFS ACLs are not fogetten however.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)