> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Naveen surisetty
>
> I have a zfs stream back up took on zfs version 15, currently i have
upgraded
> my OS, so new zfs version is 22. Restore process went well from old stream
> backup to new zfs pool. but on reboot i got error unable to mount pool
tank.

> So there is incompatibilities between zfs versions, especially
send/receive.

> So looking for alternate backup solutions.

Sorry, not correct.  As Richard said, please post the exact error message
you are seeing, because what you said, the way you said it, doesn't make
sense.

And since I just posted this a minute ago in a different thread, I'll just
quote myself again here:

Years ago, there was a comment in the man page that said this:  "The format
of the stream is evolving. No backwards  compatibility is guaranteed. You
may not be able to receive your streams on future versions of ZFS."

But in the last several years, backward/forward compatibility has always
been preserved, so despite the warning, it was never a problem.

In more recent versions, the man page says:  "The format of the stream is
committed. You will be able to receive your streams on future versions of
ZFS."