On Wed, 18 May 2011, Paul Kraus wrote:

   Over the past few months I have seen mention of FreeBSD a couple
time in regards to ZFS. My question is how stable (reliable) is ZFS on
this platform ?

   I have tested the hardware with FreeBSD 8 and it boots to the
installer. So my question is whether the FreeBSD ZFS port is up to
production use ? Is there anyone here using FreeBSD in production with
good results (this list tends to only hear about serious problems and
not success stories) ?

I have been on the freebsd-fs mailing list for quite some time now and it does seem that there are quite a few happy FreeBSD zfs users. There are also some users who experience issues. FreeBSD zfs may require more tuning (depending on your hardware) than Solaris zfs for best performance.

If you are very careful, you can create a zfs pool which can be used by FreeBSD or Solaris.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn