On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Jonathan Walker <kall...@gmail.com> wrote:

> New to ZFS, I made a critical error when migrating data and
> configuring zpools according to needs - I stored a snapshot stream to
> a file using "zfs send -R [filesystem]@[snapshot] >[stream_file]".

    Why is this a critical error, I thought you were supposed to be
able to save the output from zfs send to a file (just as with tar or
ufsdump you can save the output to a file or a stream) ?

> When I attempted to receive the stream onto to the newly configured
> pool, I ended up with a checksum mismatch and thought I had lost my
> data.

    Was the cause of the checksum mismatch just that the stream data
was stored as a file ? That does not seem right to me.

--
Paul Kraus