On 6/12/11 7:25 PM, "Richard Elling" <richard.ell...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Here's the timeline:
>>
>> - The Intel X25-M was marked "FAULTED" Monday evening, 6pm. This was not
>> detected by NexentaStor.
>
>Is the volume-check runner enabled? All of the check runner results are
>logged in
>the report database and sent to the system administrator via email. I
>will assume
>that you have configured email for delivery, as it is a required step in
>the installation
>procedure.
>
>In any case, a disk declared FAULTED is no longer used by ZFS, except
>when a
>pool is cleared. The volume-check runner can do this on your behalf, if
>it is
>configured to do so. See Data Management -> Runners -> volume-check
>And, of course, these actions are recorded in the logs and report
>database.
>
>-- richard

I checked seven of my NexentaStor installations (3.0.4 and 3.0.5). Six of
them had the disk-check fault trigger disabled by default. volume-check is
enabled on all and is set to run hourly. Email notification is configured,
and I actively receive other alerts (DDT table, auto-sync) and reports.

--
Edmund White
ewwh...@mac.com