From: Edward Ned Harvey <opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensola...@nedharvey.com>
To: Orvar Korvar <knatte_fnatte_tja...@yahoo.com>; zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Sent: Tue, July 5, 2011 3:03:50 PM
Subject: RE: [zfs-discuss] Changed to AHCI, can not access disk???

> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Orvar Korvar
>
> Here is my problem:
> I have an 1.5TB disk with OpenSolaris (b134, b151a) using non AHCI.
> I then changed to AHCI in BIOS, which results in severe problems: I can
not
> boot the system.
>
> I suspect the problem is because I changed to AHCI.

This is normal, no matter what OS you have.  It's the hardware.

If you start using a disk in non-AHCI mode, you must always continue to use
it in non-AHCI mode.  If you switch, it will make the old data inaccessible.
Just change it back in BIOS and you'll have your data back.  Then backup
your data, change to AHCI mode (because it's supposed to perform better) and
restore your data.