In my new oracle server, sol11exp, it's using multipath device names...
Presently I have two disks attached:  (I removed the other 10 disks for now,
because these device names are so confusing.  This way I can focus on *just*
the OS disks.)

       0. c0t5000C5003424396Bd0 <SEAGATE-ST32000SSSUN2.0-0514 cyl 3260 alt 2
hd 255 sec 252>

          /scsi_vhci/disk@g5000c5003424396b

       1. c0t5000C5002637311Fd0 <SEAGATE-ST32000SSSUN2.0T-0514-1.82TB>

          /scsi_vhci/disk@g5000c5002637311f

Disk 0 is the one where the OS is installed.  During installation, I opted
to install the OS into a partition.  Now I'm trying to replicate the fdisk
partition tables (and partition slice tables) onto the second disk...  And
after that's done, I'll start mirroring the rpool slice to the new disk
rpool slice.  But I haven't been able to get that far yet...

I tried everything I can think of inside the "format" and "fdisk" commands,
but can't get the second disk fdisk to come out quite the same as the first
disk.  So now I'm thinking I'll just use dd to copy the first meg from the
first disk to the second disk...  Unfortunately there is no "d0" device name
for these two disks...

I'm able to make the "d0" appear on the second disk, just by adding the
second disk to a zpool...

                sudo ls -l /dev/rdsk/c0t5000C5002637311Fd0

                ls: cannot access /dev/rdsk/c0t5000C5002637311Fd0: No such
file or directory

                sudo zpool create junk c0t5000C5002637311Fd0

                sudo ls -l /dev/rdsk/c0t5000C5002637311Fd0

                lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 53 2011-07-22 14:01
/dev/rdsk/c0t5000C5002637311Fd0 ->
../../devices/scsi_vhci/disk@g5000c5002637311f:wd,raw

However, the goal is to replicate the partition tables from the first disk
to the second disk.  Which means (as far as I can tell) that the d0 must
exist for the first disk too... In order to have a device to copy *from*.

I am failing to find any way to make the "d0" device appear on the first
disk... because the first disk is already in use.  Can anybody here tell me
how to make the device appear?

Or, can anybody tell me some magic "fdisk" command that will copy this
partition table from the 1st to 2nd disk?  I've tried everything I can think
of, and not getting any closer...

Thanks...

The solution I'm currently looking at, without any help appearing on this
thread...

I'll ignore the first disk and create whatever partition tables I like on
the 2nd disk.  Then use zfs send to copy the first disk onto second.  Then
boot from the second.  Wipe out the first, using the same settings I
manually created on the 2nd.  And then finally mirror the 1st to the 2nd.
(Yuk.)  There must be a better way to replicate the partition tables.