Hello Eugen!

> I finally came around installing NexentaCore 3.1 along with
> napp-it and AMP on a HP N36L with 8 GBytes RAM. I'm testing
> it with 4x 1 and 1.5 TByte consumer SATA drives (Seagate)
> with raidz2 and raidz3 and like what I see so far.
>
> Given http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=139315
> I've ordered an Intel 311 series for ZIL/L2ARC.
>
> I hope to use above with 4x 3 TByte Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 HDS5C3030ALA630
> given the data from Blackblaze in regards to their reliability.

I would be very interested in hearing about your success.  Especially,
if the Hitachi HDS5C3030ALA630 SATA-III disks work in the N36L at all.

My guess would be that the on-board SATA-II controller will not
support more than 2TB, but I have not found a definitive statement.
HP certainly will not sell you disks bigger than 2TB for the N36L.

Regards -- Volker