Hi

and yet another problem just encountered. In one of our thumpers a disk failed
and I replaced it with another 500GB drive. The system is serving as a NFs
server for a couple of users, but right now there are hardly any requests at
all, but resilvering is taking ages:

s04:~# zpool status
  pool: atlashome
 state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices is currently being resilvered.  The pool will
        continue to function, possibly in a degraded state.
action: Wait for the resilver to complete.
 scan: resilver in progress since Tue Sep 13 07:41:58 2011
    724G scanned out of 17.7T at 3.99M/s, (scan is slow, no estimated time)
    724G scanned out of 17.7T at 3.99M/s, 1237h33m to go
    18.5G resilvered, 4.00% done

Pool is running ZFS v29 at the moment. System is a quite recently patched
Sol10.

Resilvering alwasy was slow when there is some load on the box, but never this
slow. Is there some way to speed it up?

Cheers

Carsten
--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert - Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics
Callinstrasse 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany