Hi All,

We did not have the latest firmware on the HBA - through a lot of pain I
> managed to boot into an MS-DOS disk and run the firmware update. We're now
> running the latest on this card from the LSI.com website. (both HBA BIOS
> and Firmware)

No joy.. the system seized up again within a few hours of coming back up.

Now trying another suggestion sent to me by a direct poster:

*       Recommendation from Sun (Oracle) to work around a bug:
*       6958068 - Nehalem deeper C-states cause erratic scheduling behavior
set idle_cpu_prefer_mwait = 0
set idle_cpu_no_deep_c = 1

Was apparently the cause of a similar symptom for them and we are using

At this point I'm running out of options, so it can't hurt to try it.

Lachlan Mulcahy
Senior DBA,
Marin Software Inc.
San Francisco, USA