2011-11-02 5:52, Edward Ned Harvey пишет:
From: Daniel Carosone [mailto:d...@geek.com.au]

On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 06:17:57PM -0400, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
You can do both poorly for free, or you can do both very well for big
That's what opensolaris was doing.

That mess was costing someone money and considered very well done?
Good riddance.

I know this is way OT.

Even further OT, with no promotion or personal inclination
whatsoever, I remembered that we used "mvnForum" in a J2EE
project some years ago. It was relatively easy to integrate
with a Sun Portal and LDAP Auth, and now I see there is a
portlet edition out of the box. There is also an "email
gate" now.

It is a GPLed project with a proprietary paid version:

What's more interesting, I wonder if anyone besde Google
Cache kept a copy of the old forums (or perhaps if their
maintainers can send us a backup), so that if illumos or
openindiana were to put up a replica of the forums and/or
mailing list, we could fill it up with lots of useful
historical posts.

Really, they WERE still a useful reference for many of us,
even if posted a few years back...