Unfortunetly the answer is no. Neither l1 nor l2 cache is dedup aware.

The only vendor i know that can do this is Netapp

In fact , most of our functions, like replication is not dedup aware.

However we have significant advantage that zfs keeps checksums regardless of
the dedup being on and off. So, in the future we can perhaps make functions
more dedup friendly regardless of dedup being enabled or not.

For example, thecnicaly it's possible to optimize our replication that it does
not send daya chunks if a data chunk with the same chechsum exists in target,
without enabling dedup on target and source.

Best regards
Mertol

Sent from a mobile device

Mertol Ozyoney