Recently I had a system with an incomplete snapshot. The
destination system hung in the middle of a zfs recv. It ended up
taking about 75 GB of kernel memory to destroy that incomplete
snapshot. Yet destroying another copy of that same snapshot took less
than 6 GB of memory.

    Does a destroy of a snapshot take a different path through the
code than destroying an incomplete snapshot (as part of a zpool
import) ?

Disclaimer: I am a sysadmin and NOT a developer. I _could_ look at the
source, but I'm not sure it would tell me what I am looking for.

Paul Kraus
-> Senior Systems Architect, Garnet River ( )
-> Sound Coordinator, Schenectady Light Opera Company ( )
-> Technical Advisor, Troy Civic Theatre Company
-> Technical Advisor, RPI Players