On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Edward Ned Harvey
<opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensola...@nedharvey.com> wrote:
>> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
>> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Carsten John

>> "cannot receive new filesystem stream: dataset is busy" or
>> "cannot receive incremental filesystem stream: dataset is busy"
>> does anybody have a suggestion what might cause the dataset to be busy?

> What else could cause it to be busy?  A receive is definitely one.  A scrub
> or a resilver - maybe, I'm not sure.  But my best guess is that only a
> receive would do this to you.

I have NOT seen issues recv'ing a zfs send while a scrub was running.
I am at zpool 22.

Always implement locking on tasks that should be single threaded (like
zfs send \ zfs recv on a given dataset).

Paul Kraus
-> Senior Systems Architect, Garnet River ( http://www.garnetriver.com/ )
-> Sound Coordinator, Schenectady Light Opera Company (
http://www.sloctheater.org/ )
-> Technical Advisor, Troy Civic Theatre Company
-> Technical Advisor, RPI Players