My system is currently using LSI 9211 HBAs with Crucial M4 SSDs for
ZIL/L2ARC.  I have used LSIUTIL v1.63 to disable the write cache on the two
controllers with only SATA HDDs, though my third controller has a
combination of HDD and SSD as shown:

SAS2008's links are down, down, 6.0 G, 6.0 G, 3.0 G, down, 3.0 G, 3.0 G

>  B___T___L  Type       Vendor   Product          Rev      PhyNum
>  0   9   0  Disk       ATA      M4-CT064M4SSD2   0309   2
>  0  10   0  Disk       ATA      M4-CT064M4SSD2   0309   3
>  0  11   0  Disk       ATA      ST3500320NS      SN06   4
>  0  12   0  Disk       ATA      ST3500320NS      SN06   6
>  0  13   0  Disk       ATA      ST3500320NS      SN06   7

Unfortunately, the SATA write cache can only be turned on or off at the
controller level with LSIUTIL.  In a case where the SSD ZIL and L2ARC are
on the same controller as pool HDDs, is it still recommended that the cache
be disabled?  My other thought is that the cache to which LSIUTIL is
referring is located on the controller and that the write cache on the
individual disks is still active.  This excerpt shows the interactive
prompts of LSIUTIL during and after disabling the cache:

Main menu, select an option:  [1-99 or e/p/w or 0 to quit] 14

> Multi-pathing:  [0=Disabled, 1=Enabled, default is 0]
> SATA Native Command Queuing:  [0=Disabled, 1=Enabled, default is 1]
> SATA Write Caching:  [0=Disabled, 1=Enabled, default is 1] 0
>
> Main menu, select an option:  [1-99 or e/p/w or 0 to quit] 68
>
> Current Port State
> ------------------
> SAS2008's links are down, down, 6.0 G, 6.0 G, 3.0 G, down, 3.0 G, 3.0 G
>
> Software Version Information
> ----------------------------
> Current active firmware version is 0b000000 (11.00.00)
> Firmware image's version is MPTFW-11.00.00.00-IT
>   LSI Logic
>   Not Packaged Yet
> x86 BIOS image's version is MPT2BIOS-7.21.00.00 (2011.08.11)
>
> Firmware Settings
> -----------------
> SAS WWID:                       <stripped>
> Multi-pathing:                  Disabled
> SATA Native Command Queuing:    Enabled
> SATA Write Caching:             Disabled
> SATA Maximum Queue Depth:       32
> SAS Max Queue Depth, Narrow:    0
> SAS Max Queue Depth, Wide:      0
> Device Missing Report Delay:    0 seconds
> Device Missing I/O Delay:       0 seconds
> Phy Parameters for Phynum:      0    1    2    3    4    5    6    7
>   Link Enabled:                 Yes  Yes  Yes  Yes  Yes  Yes  Yes  Yes
>   Link Min Rate:                1.5  1.5  1.5  1.5  1.5  1.5  1.5  1.5
>   Link Max Rate:                6.0  6.0  6.0  6.0  6.0  6.0  6.0  6.0
>   SSP Initiator Enabled:        Yes  Yes  Yes  Yes  Yes  Yes  Yes  Yes
>   SSP Target Enabled:           No   No   No   No   No   No   No   No
>   Port Configuration:           Auto Auto Auto Auto Auto Auto Auto Auto
> Interrupt Coalescing:           Enabled, timeout is 10 us, depth is 4

Thank you!