Indeed they are there, shown with 1 second interval.  So, it is the
client's fault after all.  I'll have to see whether it is somehow
possible to get the server to write cached data sooner (and hopefully
asynchronous), and the client to issue commits less often.  Luckily I
can live with the current behavior (and the SSDs shouldn't give out
any time soon even being used like this), if it isn't possible to
change it.

Thanks for all the help,
Tim