I ran into something odd today:

zfs destroy -r  random/filesystem

is mindbogglingly slow. But seems to me, it shouldnt be.
It's slow, because the filesystem has two snapshots on it. Presumably, it's busy "rolling back" the snapshots. but I've already declared by my command line, that I DONT CARE about the contents of the filesystem!
Why doesnt zfs simply do:

1. unmount filesystem, if possible (it was possible)
(1.5 possibly note "intent to delete" somewhere in the pool records)
2. zero out/free the in-kernel-memory in one go
3. update the pool, "hey I deleted the filesystem, all these blocks are now clear"

Having this kind of operation take more than even 10 seconds, seems like a huge bug to me. yet it can take many minutes. An order of magnitude off. yuck.