I am confused, because I would have expected a 1-to-1 mapping, if you create an
iscsi target on some system, you would have to specify which LUN it connects
to.  But that is not the case...

I read the man pages for sbdadm, stmfadm, itadm, and iscsiadm.  I read some
online examples, where you first "sbdadm create-lu" which gives you a GUID for
a specific device in the system, and then "stmfadm add-view $GUID", and then
"itadm create-target."

It's this last command that confuses me - Because it generates an iscsi target
"iqn.blahblah"...  And it will create as many as you specify, regardless of how
many LUN's you have available.  So how can I know which device I'm handing out
to some initiator?  And if an initiator connects to all those different
iqn.blahblah addresses...  What device will they actually be mucking around
with?

I'm not quite sure what in my brain is thinking wrong, but I'm guessing the
explanation is something like this:

(can anyone tell me if this is the correct interpretation?)

I shouldn't be thinking in such linear terms.  When I create an iscsi target,
don't think of it as connecting to a device - instead, think of it as sort of a
channel.  Any initiator connecting to it can see any of the devices that I have
done add-views on.  But each iscsi target can only be used by one initiator at
a time.

Is that a good understanding?

Thanks...