On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Edward Ned Harvey
(opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris) <
opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensola...@nedharvey.com> wrote:

> [...]
happens in DTrace normalization, not sure about zpool/zfs), try an interval
of 1 (perhaps with -v) and see if you still get 0 operations.  I haven't
seen zero operations with nonzero bandwidth on my pools, I always see lots
of operations in bursts, so it sounds like you might be on to something.

Also, iostat -x shows device busy time, which is usually higher on the
slowest disk when there is an imbalance, while zpool iostat does not.  So,
if it happens to be a single device's fault, iostat -nx has a better chance
of finding it (the n flag translates the disk names to the device names
used by the system, so you can figure out which one is the problem).

Tim
              • ... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
              • ... Jim Klimov
              • ... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
              • ... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
              • ... Jim Klimov
              • ... Jim Klimov
              • ... Jim Klimov
              • ... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
              • ... Timothy Coalson
              • ... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
              • ... Timothy Coalson
  • Re: [zfs-discuss]... matthew patton