Hi Sol,

You can review the Solaris 11 ZFS best practices info, here:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26502_01/html/E29007/practice-1.html#scrolltoc

The above section also provides info about the full pool performance
penalty.

For S11 releases, we're going to increase the 80% pool capacity
recommendation to 90%.

Pool/file system space accounting is dependent on the type
of pool that you can read about, here:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26502_01/html/E29007/gbbti.html#scrolltoc

Thanks,

Cindy