On 02/15/13 14:39, Tyler Walter wrote:
As someone who has zero insider information and feels that there isn't
much push at oracle to develop or release new zfs features, I have to
assume it's not coming. The only way I see it becoming a reality is if
someone in the illumos community decides to do the work required to put
it in.

You obviously missed the thread we had recently about the new ZFS features that Solaris 11 and 11.1 have. ZFS is very much in active feature, bugfix and performance improvement at Oracle for current and future versions of Solaris and the ZFS Storage Appliance.

BP rewrite is actually very complex to do correctly and safely - it it wasn't I'm sure it would have been done by now by multiple people!

Darren J Moffat