On 2013-03-15 01:58, Gary Driggs wrote:
On Mar 14, 2013, at 5:55 PM, Jim Klimov <jimkli...@cos.ru> wrote:

However, recently the VM "virtual hardware" clocks became way slow.

Does NTP help correct the guest's clock?

Unfortunately no, neither guest NTP, ntpdate or rdate in crontabs,
nor VirtualBox timesync settings, alone or even combined for test
(though known to conflict) - nothing has definitely helped so far.

We also have some setups on rather not-loaded hardware where after
a few days of uptime the clock stalls to the point that it has a
groundhog day - rotating over the same 2-3 second range for hours,
until the VM is powered off and booted.

Conversely, we also have dozens of VMs (and a few hosts) where no
such problems occur. Weird stuff...

//Jim