ddrescue is an even better choice because it is resumable. It's available
on homebrew <http://brew.sh/>.

http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/

example:

ddrescue -f /dev/disk2 /dev/disk3 ~/mylogfile.log

If you need to stop it, control+c, and when you're ready to resume, rerun
the same command, using the same log file.