On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 12:46 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyaven...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Back to the OP, I'm not sure why he felt he had to mentioned being
> part of SunOS. ZFS was never part of sunos.

I didn't say I was part of SunOS (later renamed to Solaris 1). SunOS was
dead and buried years before I joined the network side of OS/Net. "OS" in
this case just means operating system, it's not a reference to the "OS" in

By mentioning that I worked in the part of Sun that invented ZFS and saying
that I am a fan of it I was just trying to be clear that I was not
attacking ZFS by questioning some aspect of it. Clearly, at least in some
minds I failed at that.