Whats the pool history say about how this was created? 

I understand your importing, which may contribute to issues. Seen some in pools 
that are old that I've imported before copying contents to new pools with the 
suggested parameters.


--
Jason Belec
Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 8, 2014, at 8:51 PM, ylluminate <yllumin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> In this particular case the pool is an imported ZEVO pool.  I don't yet have 
> the luxury of creating a new pool until I move this data around
> 
> I did perform an upgrade on this pool and here are the settings:
> zpool: https://gist.github.com/25315011067796c62b43
> zfs: https://gist.github.com/03d7016422cbe27abdb2
> 
> Additionally, I'm seeing some odd spikes now on my processor that were not 
> previously present within the kernel_task.  Any way to pry that open and see 
> what is happening therein?  I'm concerned there's some junk happening under 
> the covers here that I'm not readily seeing with zfs now.
> 
> 
> 
>> On Saturday, March 8, 2014 8:41:16 PM UTC-5, jasonbelec wrote:
>> Can you give us the info that you used to build the test pools? 
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> Jason Belec
>> Sent from my iPad
>> 
>>> On Mar 8, 2014, at 8:28 PM, ylluminate <yllum...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Hi folks, thought it was time to try maczfs again.  I am shifting over from 
>>> ZEVO due to GreenByte's fubar of the project.  Seems like the shift over to 
>>> OpenZFS is worthwhile and I'm satisfied to see some positive results.  
>>> 
>>> One thing that has bothered me so far is the marked differential in speed.  
>>> Running AJA System Test I am seeing on ZEVO with lzjb compression rates 
>>> such as the following:
>>>          File Size Sweep
>>>   MB     MB/sec
>>>              Read      Write
>>> 128.0      1828.7      917.7
>>> 256.0      2291.3      545.3
>>> 512.0      1902.6      272.7
>>> 1024.0      1965.6      350.4
>>> 2048.0      1877.9      305.7
>>> 4096.0      1898.1      323.9
>>> 8192.0      1864.9      355.6
>>> 16384.0      1749.5      312.8
>>> 
>>> Whereas with maczfs as installed via: 
>>> http://zerobsd.tumblr.com/post/62586498252/os-x-with-zfs
>>> 
>>> I am seeing:
>>>          File Size Sweep
>>>                MB     MB/sec
>>>              Read      Write
>>> 128.0      390.7      82.3
>>> 256.0      285.5      93.9
>>> 512.0      290.2      84.1
>>> 1024.0      275.5      88.2
>>> 2048.0      272.7      87.5
>>> 4096.0      268.7      88.6
>>> 8192.0      281.3      88.3
>>> 16384.0      273.2      85.2
>>> 
>>> With LZJB on maczfs I am seeing about 10-30% slower rates.
>>> 
>>> Any thoughts on why we would be seeing such a remarkable difference at this 
>>> point?
>>> 
>>> 
>>> -ylluminate
>>> -- 
>>> 
>>> --- 
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>>> "zfs-macos" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>>> email to zfs-macos+...@googlegroups.com.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
> 
> -- 
> 
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "zfs-macos" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to zfs-macos+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"zfs-macos" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to zfs-macos+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to